Are you concerned because your child…
- Has an individual learning style that schools and tutors don’t understand
- Lacks the underlying academic skills to keep up with the rest of the class
- Has weak basic learning skills such as memory and attention that are getting in the way of good grades
- Hasn’t learned how to manage school by using the best study strategies, time management approaches and strategies for staying in charge of his or her emotions during tests
- Says things such as “I can’t do this” or “I’ll never learn this” or “I’m so stupid”
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, your child may have complicated learning needs that require specialized teaching approaches.
Dr. Kari recently appeared on a webinar for Moms Fighting Autism to discuss Improving Reading Comprehension for Students on the Spectrum: A Parent’s Guide to Simple Effective Strategies You Can Use at Home.