Download Dr. Miller’s Show. Right click and choose “save as” to keep the show on your computer.
Dr. Kari interviews special needs attorneys Lori Kirsch-Goodwin and Hope N. Kirsch about what every parent needs to know about 504 plans for their child. In this episode you’ll learn:
* what 504 plans are,
* how they are different from IEPs,
* how to work with the school district to get a comprehensive 504 plan for your child,
* what documentation is needed to qualify for a plan,
* how to get these evaluations,
* what options are available to parents if the school refuses to qualify your child for a plan or refuses accommodations, and
* what to do if the school district does not comply with the provisions of your child’s plan.
You’ll want to phone in with questions! Ms. Kirsch-Goodwin and Ms. Kirsch’s website.